Last Updated on February 17, 2023 by the thought method co.
Your greatest investment, is yourself. And when you want to invest in yourself there are 9 key areas to focus on. Your mental health being at the foundation of self-investment as it impacts every area of your life.
Investing in your mental health is self-care. When you take the time to focus on your mental health you learn to better cope with stress, make better decisions, and develop healthier relationships. You gain a new perspective of the world. And it is crucial to invest in your mental health because it helps you stay productive, focused, and resilient during difficult times.
Mental health is just as important as physical health, and it needs to be taken seriously. Taking care of your mental health will help you lead a more fulfilling and balanced life. Even if you feel fine, investing in your mental health will bring great returns.
Related article: Physical Health is a Fundamental Aspect of Self-Investment
You want to invest in your mental health if you:
- feel depressed, anxious or stressed a large majority of the time
- feel stuck or lack the motivation and drive to do things that bring happiness
- find yourself using food, sex, alcohol or another vice as a way to escape
- have a harsh inner critic or see things in a negative lens
- want to increase life satisfaction
- want to make more money and find purpose
- want strong, happier and healthier reltionships
Because the quality of your mental health directly relates to your perception of the world. And it also affects how you see your place in the world. If you think you aren’t meant for love, then you will limit yourself. While if you think you are worthy and deserving, you will look for opportunities to be happy and succeed.
Related article: Why You Need Unshakable Identity and Meaning
Start investing in yourself today by downloading the free Likes and Dislikes Inventory template here.
What to Read Next
Photo by Aziz Acharki